Blueberry Bread with Honey & Lemon Zest ~

 What to do when you have blueberries you have been neglecting in the frig? Definitely make something. I mostly have them with yogurt and seem to have step onto a different path these mornings. Needing to do something why not bread and that which you can share. Kids will definitely love this one! I'm laugh at writing this for I thought I saw this recipe that was kid friendly - approved recipes, oh know another and from a blog I've not seen before called Boots and Hooves Homestead


I modified it slightly but not necessary for this recipe is moist and delicious.

Lemon Blueberry Bread 

1/4 cup coconut oil - melted [I used 1/2] *

3/4 cup raw honey

1 cup unsweetened applesauce

1/2 cup milk [I used 1/2 &1/2]

4 eggs

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

3 cups all-purpose flour [I used 2 cups of Einkorn whole wheat, 1 cup of unbeached all-purpose] *

1 teaspoon baking power

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 cups fresh blueberries washed and dried

1 lemon zest

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325. Grease two loaf pans, I used 4 paper baking throw away mini loafs as you can see below. [To share]

In large bowl mix together:  melted coconut oil, honey, applesauce, vanilla and eggs until well combined. 

In another bowl sift together all dry ingredients, then add to the wet mixture. Once all combined fold in your blueberries and lemon zest. 

Pour into each loaf equal amounts and bake for about 45 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on rack 10 minutes before turning out [if doing so] cooking another 10 minutes before cutting.

Suggested serving with butter and honey ~

* I added extra oil - sometimes when you use whole wheat it can be a bit drier after baking. This came out perfect and even through not what I originally thought - kids will love it!


Make it and share some and enjoy the smiles.  :) 


Comments

Popular Posts