Creamy Salmon Pasta ~

This is recipe is being posted for my sister. I shared a few pictures months ago and she asked for the recipe. I had nothing measured = ever! So yesterday I thought I'd make it with measuring it out, I actually wowed myself! lol
This recipe I first made several years ago, I do know how many, but I won't go there! 
I've made this with freshly baked salmon, smoked salmon and canned, all very good, though my favorite is using smoked. Any pasta well work I've used them all - linguine is my favorite. I've also tossed the pasta in the sauce as well as serving it with the sauce just on top. The sauce works best if you are storing it for a period of time or if you are going to have leftovers, as it continues to thicken some. Either way it's your choice as to what works best for you - I'm either or ~

Ingredients -

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 - 1 tsp minced garlic (fresh or from jar)
2-2 1/2 cups of cheese, I cut in about 1/2" sq. (I've used sharp white and reg. cheddar, also mixed w/muenster) 
1/2 cup parmesan or Italian 4 cheese mix (mozzarella - I don't use - to stringy)
2 TBS, flour or thickener of choice
1/4 -1/3 cup butter
2 cups of milk or 1/2 & 1/2 (or mixed - you can do part cream etc.)
Salmon if by can 14-15 ounce - (for fresh whatever I have left over - or small can smoked)
salt and pepper to taste - I use white pepper and about 1/8 tsp 
1 package of pasta - your choice with package instructions.

First prep everything - 

In a large skillet on med high sauté onion in butter until soft - opaque. 

Turn skillet down to medium - med. low, adding garlic with a good stir, add flour mixing evenly.
 
Slowly pour in milk while continuing to stir making sure all the flour is mixed in well.

When the mix is well incorporated together and starts thickening a bit, add cheese stirring continually until all melted, add your seasoning - easy on the salt.

Continue stirring as it is thickening add salmon mix into the sauce. 

With skillet on low or warm at this point stir occasionally while you are working on the pasta. When pasta is done serve. It is easy you can use tuna - I did when I first made it and salmon thereafter.  Enjoy


 With bowties and fresh parsley ~


With red bell and chives with fettuccini.



Comments

Popular Posts