Soft Banana Spice Cookies (GF)


Until I take a better picture this will have to suffice!

Light and delicious - they tasted so good I was hoping no one would like them! And they disappeared. . . 
I made them twice each time delish though I located the ingredients again after much detective work and the site was a wash, I could not get in.  lol  I'm learning all the time to write it out proper! Hope you give them a try. 


Soft Banana Oatmeal Spice Cookies -- a recipe from down-under :)

Ingredients:
wet:
3 very ripe bananas - sm. - med. about 1 1/4 cup mashed
1 stick of butter - I used 1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream or yogurt

dry:
2 cups quick oats - I used oat fashioned and pulsed it in food processor
1 cup oat flour
1 cup Pamela's Artison flour blend - I used my mixed
1/2 cup sugar (I did not use and added a little extra coconut sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar - I used coconut sugar (closer to 3/4 cup - omitting granulated)
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBP flax meal - I used ground chia seeds

extra sugar and cinnamon for rolling - I did do this about 1/2 cup granulated sugar with about a 1 TB of cinnamon.

Pre-heat oven to 350

Mash bananas and stir in flax or ground chia seeds.

In bowl combine, GF flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and oats.

In a large bowl Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Then add banana mix, sour cream and vanilla beat well to combine. It should still be kind of light and fluffy.

Stir into wet mix all the dry. The dough will be not as heavy as some cookie dough and will be a little denser (thicker) and the flax or chia swells.

Using a scoop small, I used a larger one first and cookies took much longer so a 1" would be good, make into a ball shape and roll into cinnamon sugar. Bake on parchment for up to 12 minutes depending on size and how your oven heats. 

Any questions please email.

Original recipe from Milo and Oats

Comments

Popular Posts