Easy Armenian Cucumber Pickles

I can't believe I never posted this recipe! I found the draft while going through working on my recent posts.  It was started August 2013, I just didn't finish it - but, better late than never and early for Farmers Market shoppers.  :)  Doris, I hope you have your Armenian Cucumbers again I didn't get my garden up and running; I ran out of steam.  ha

The post ~  August 2013

Here's an easy recipe to try if you happen to have a few delicious Armenian Cucumbers that you're wondering just what to do with them.  Armenian Cucumbers are mild in flavor and work very well for this recipe I found here; a food blog called In The Raw.



All ingredients are placed in a jar and left to marinate in the icebox.  Just that simple!

You will need:

Armenian or other "pickling cucumbers"
raw cider vinegar (I used Braggs)
filtered water
1 Tbsp. course salt
fresh sprig of dill
fresh sprig of thyme
5 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced
1 Tbsp whole peppercorns
1Tbsp mustard seed
1Tbsp dried chili pepper (I used chilies I dehydrated and crushed)

Sterilized mason jars - this can be done in a preheated oven at 200 degrees, or in dishwasher.
Cucumbers can be sliced in spears or in slices as seen in pictures.
Place all the spices into the jar and fill with cucumber.  Pack in as many as you can, then fill the jar 2/3's of the way up with raw cider vinegar.  Fill the rest of the way full with filtered water.  Screw on the lid and turn over to mix the ingredients well.  Store in the refrigerator.
The pickles can be eaten the next day or allow to set longer to taste.  Then longer they marinate the better the flavor.  The recipe can be found here at In The Raw.


I used red chili I dehydrated and broke up in my spice mill.  It has heat and the fresh garlic made it extra delish!

In a clean sterilized jar place the cucumber(s) you plan to use rise of and pat dry.  Slice thin and place in jar on top of all the spices

Market Links:

Local First Arizona 
Farmers Market On Line
Up-Pick
Local Harvest

Comments

Popular Posts