Buttery Garlic Bomb Crispy Chicken Thighs - KETO

Over-all I believe I'm a healthy person and I follow several health conscientious links.  In doing so I often get offers for ebooks I download and snail mail offers of cookbooks etc.  My most recent of cookbooks is The WICKED GOOD Ketogenic Diet Cookbook by Amanda C. Hughes . I'm excited, who doesn't enjoy trying a new book, I've been subscribed to her blog for quite a while now.  On the cover of her book notice it says Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for ANY BUDGET, I capitalized the ending. Believe me when I say you can eat healthier on a low budget it will just take some changes but it's doable.  I do understand how hard it can be, but do the best you can, shopping is the hardest part and around here a three hour tour every time you venture in.  Anyway I tried a chicken recipe out of the book and it was excellent!


Buttery Garlic Bomb Crispy Chicken Thighs 
SERVES 2 / PREP TIME:10 / COOK TIME:35 MINUTES

So you may have noticed I have quarters?  It's ok I needed more than 2 servings.  I also got a screamin deal on the chicken so budget wise it was good.  

INGREDIENTS:

4 chicken thighs - bone in, skin on
10 garlic cloves peeled
1 white onion, quartered
1/4 cup Golden Ghee melted*
1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves, I used dried from garden
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, I used dried from garden
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon


1.  Pre-heat oven to 450 decrees.

2.  Place the chicken thighs in a cast iron or oven proof skillet.  Wedge the garlic cloves and onion quarters between the thighs.  Drizzle the ghee over the chicken, then sprinkle with herbs, slat, and pepper.  Then squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top of the chicken, with a mesh strainer collecting any of the seeds.

3.  Bake the thighs until cooked through about 30 minutes.  I went a bit loner the thighs were large and I had extra chicken.

4.  When the chicken is done, turn on your boiler and place the chicken under the boiler until skin is crispy, about 5 minutes.

5.  Serve with the roasted garlic and onions.  This was sooooo good!

*I just melted my on butter for this and you can separate the fat and ghee (clearer part)  Also I had dried herbs from the garden and used that you done have to use as much, I also added extra garlic and a quarter extra from a small - medium onion.


Amanda seems to take the guess work out of what she shares.  As in understanding the Ketogenic diet or lifestyle if you will.  I typically try to eat as healthy as I'm able and as close to as God intended things to be.  Here is a where you can check out The Grass Fed Girl, Amanda C. Hughes.

Enjoy ~

Comments

Popular Posts