Meatballs


For years my Dad, Brother and myself have been tossing around different meatball and sauce recipes. Dave likes, or seems, to do different meatball recipes. Dad tried a few but has decided that this similar recipe I'm posting today and baking is the way to go. I liked this recipe and the baking aspect of it. The recipe is very similar to my own homemade one.
Ingredients
2 pounds of ground chuck or combination of (a leaner beef, veal or pork) I used chuck and sirloin
4 eggs
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 cup of fresh, fine bread crumbs, ( I used dry, that I made and less)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne (opt or - taste)
grd. black pepper to taste (opt)
1- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil (depending on the fat of the meat you use)
1 tbsp heaping freshly chopped basil
1 tbsp heaping freshly chopped parsley
Mix altogether, roll into 2" diameter balls, firmly packed but not compressed.
Bake on cookie sheet or other pan with sides. Bake in 350 - 375 degree depending on your oven for 12 - 15 minutes one side then turning 10 - 12 minutes the other.
When done add them to your sauce or freeze them when cooled to use at a later date.
I never baked my meatballs before. I always made them as my Gram had and just add them to my all day sauce. I do like the idea of freezing them and keeping them on hand to use for sandwiches or spaghetti when ever you want. If you do decide to bake and freeze. Cool completely and lay on clean cookie sheet then place in freezer. Once frozen place in good resealable bage or container for freezing.
I will mostly use this recipe again.

Comments

Popular Posts