Wheat Tortillas With Flax

In the photo above is a little taste of New Mexico I made for my husband and me. I decided I was hungry for a little spice, though it was more for a gringo's taste buds. I fixed Chorizo and eggs; I served them with my recipes for Wheat Tortillas and flax. First I got the tortillas ready.

My Wheat Tortillas w/ flax

1 - 3/4 cup of wheat pastry flour, minus 3 Tbsp.

1/4 cup unbleached flour

1 Tbsp ground flax seed

1-1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 salt, give or take

3/4 cup water warm -room temp.

3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil

Mix all the dry ingredients together with whip (but just stir). Then I used my kitchen aid with dough hook. As it was mixing I added oil and water. I mixed until dough all came from the sides. If you don't have a kitchen aid mixer, you can mix together as in making biscuits or pie dough. But don't over mix. Shape into ball cover with plastic wrap let set for 15-20 minutes or longer.

Cut equal portions of six. I have waxed paper or parchment ready. Lightly sprinkle flour down, roll each ball very flat in round shape. Mine isn't perfect. Today, I rolled out a couple that could have been on Sponge Bob. LOL

Heat your griddle up, hot. Cook on each side 30 - 35 seconds. Place in a larger skillet with towel lined and lid to keep warm.

Comments

Popular Posts