Grilled Turkey Breast (updated 8/9/16)

I found this site that said, "Give turkey a turn" - National Turkey Federation.  They had many grilling tips as well as great recipes. Pictured above is "First Prize Grilled Turkey Breast." My husband and I made it in the later part of summer. In the picture below we had a nice dinner outside and served the turkey breast with marinaded vegetables and my own wild rice recipe.

I spent Thanksgiving dinner in Oregon with our son and decided to give turkey another turn using the same recipe. Without a doubt it is a "First Prize" recipe. At home we used a gas grill and at Jake's we used charcoal. Either way its awesome very flavorful and moist. The charcoal though gave it more of a smokey favor.

So why not give turkey a turn? Check out this and all other recipes listed by National Turkey Federation so many to choose from - you wouldn't believe it!



First Prize Grilled Turkey Breast

3/4 Cup orange juice
3/4 Cup soy sauce*
1/4 Cup honey
1/2 Cup chopped scallions
4 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp ground ginger*
3.5 - 4 pounds Turkey Breast

Make marinade by mixing  juice, soy, honey, scallions, garlic and seasonings together.  Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade (an important for brushing later, I've forgotten this step a few times).  lol  Place remaining marinate in a large plastic bag that will seal or marinade container - add cleaned with excess water patted off Turkey breast, seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 - 24 hours turning every few hours.

When ready - remove turkey form marinade and drain.

Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.  Place turkey, breast side up, on rack over drip pan.  Cover and grill turkey breast 1-1/4 to 1- 3/4 hours.  During the last 30 minutes, brush with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade.

Cook until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of breast registers 170 degrees F.  Remove turkey breast from grill and let stand 15 minutes.


*I used Bragg Liquid Aminos instead of regular soy sauce for this recipe and all others that may require soy sauce.  You might like to try Coconut Aminos if you are soy sensitive - just as delicious - you can't tell the difference.  Bragg also has Coconut Aminos in product list, I've used Bragg products for years.  I also used freshly grated ginger (I prefer it but use some less unless you want a bit more intensity).  Enjoy ~

I have to be honest here and tell you that stuff come up so I had to let it marinade for around 48 hours maybe longer when I last updated.    Everything was pretty much the same except I couldn't grill to much wind.  So I used the conviction feature on my oven.


Marinate the same way.


For in oven roasting, preheat on convection setting mine 325, I used the same rack as I would for roasting outside (oiled to keep from sticking) and foil lined a baking sheet with at least 1" sides.


Place on rack as so and roast about the same time check with thermometer.  Ignore the site in the oven soon to be clean, I use it a lot! 


Looks the same and tasted the same delicious ~  Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts