Fajitas

Here is the recipe I used to make Fajita's. One thing I should have done but didn't; marinate steak - grill or use hot skillet, then slice thin. I sliced then marinated cooked on hot Iron skillet/ griddle. It still turned out well. I also used cabbage, but that of course is optional.


Fajitas

3 strip steaks (fairly thick) I cut in thin slices
l large onion, sliced in strips
red and green bell pepper, sliced in strips
1/3 of a small -medium cabbage (opt), slice in thin strips
mild chili powder - taste
salt -taste
cumin -taste
marinade (below)
A bit of oil if needed for the vege's

For marinade:

2/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup tequila (it can be a cheaper brand)
2 tsp crushed dried oregano (Mexican is preferred/I used mine from this year Greek)
4-5 fresh cloves of crushed garlic
4 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients together making sure you mix well. Place meat in the glass container (don't use metal, plastic is fine) you're using to marinate in. Pour marinade over the
meat: covering all. Refrigerate over night. Depending on the type of meat you use, since I used stripe I didn't have to marinate over night. I marinated around 8-9 hours.

Take your meat out of the frig about a half and hour before starting. prepare the vegetables. Get your skillet or griddle hot. I found that doing the vege's first worked out well then meat. You might be wondering about the chili powder, cumin and salt? I seasoned as it was cooking and to taste the marinate was the first time I used it and it was a little on the bland side. Actually this was my first try at this dish. It still was one I'd make again only meat would be grilled whole then sliced. I also split dishes. One with cabbage, one without. Serve it up with fresh tortillas recipe here: http://refractedlite.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-found-it.html

Comments

Becky said…
You are WAY more motivated than I!!! What a wonderful meal you made!

Popular Posts