Blueberry Almond Banana Bread


A recipe from Wild Oats and it's delicious! I make it often.

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. raw honey, maple syrup or raw sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 c. almond butter
2 - 3 bananas
1 1/2 c. organic unbleached flour
1/2 c. organic whole wheat
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. frozen blueberries, thawed*

Preheat oven to 325F. spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Cream together butter and sweetener of choice in a mixing bowl. add eggs; beat well. Stir in almond butter and bananas. Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of bread comes out clean. (I bake a bit longer)

This can also be divided into 12 muffin cups and baked for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden browned.
*On the blueberries I loosen them and sprinkle them with a bit of flour and toss a bit to coat. They just seem to hold better.
(I've made this at different times using any one of the sweetners and like either the maple or raw honey. Also, I tend to use whole wheat pastry flour instead of the combined flours but have made it that way).

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds amazing! I am definitely going to have to make this. Blueberries and almonds are my favorite. I usually buy a big bag of almonds at Costco, as we eat a lot of them.
Becky said…
Everything you published today looks wonderful! I don't know how you do it all!!!!

Popular Posts