Oven Fried Chicken Breast

Springtime with its sunny warmer days seem to do a number on what you're cravings. You want things that resemble anything than what you've been having for the past several months. Not that you can't enjoy oven fried chicken in the winter - but I think-in picnic type food here!
I've been craving this for a while now and decided yep this is what I'm having. For some reason I made it gluten free, though it wasn't my intent, I grabbed the wrong flour - it all worked out. So Cole I'm thinking of you! The recipe is my own I made oven fried chicken once years ago and don't know what recipe I used. I like the healthier version of fried chicken.

Oven Fried Chicken Breasts

6 large boneless and skinless chicken breast, rinsed. I didn't pat dry and I didn't use any liquid for dipping. I just rinsed shook excess water off and sat on plate.

For the breading:
2 heaping cups of crushed corn chips
1/2 c. gluten free flour, either oat or all purpose
2 cloves of crushed minced garlic
2 tsp. mild chili powder (or less med-hot) or paprika
1 tsp. Greek oregano
1 tsp. sage

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together well in medium size bowl so to bread chicken. I broke down the larger pieces of chicken breast so each piece was around the same thickness, not necessary, So I pushed both sides of each breast into the mix one at a time. Place on baking sheet that had 3 or more tablespoons of oil and baked till done, turning it at least twice while baking.

I don't think I'd pound the chicken again for baking it was a little dry and I had it in a little to long so watch not to over bake.
As far as how much oil to use I use a little more than stated and it wasn't greasy. The flavor was a thumbs up.

Comments

Popular Posts