Pancakes On The Grill!

I wouldn't necessarily recommend pancakes on the grill; maybe camping with and open fire, but this was the request for breakfast ending a sleepover party of my young friend. The pancakes are a favorite. I got the recipe many years ago from the back of a wheat flour bag in Safford, AZ. The wheat is grown in Show Low, AZ or at least I believe that's where. Here's the recipe:

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. sugar (I use less, you can also use honey or another)
1 1/2 Cup milk
3 eggs
3 Tbsp. oil

Mix altogether, but don't beat the heck out of it. Optional idea add flax meal, nuts or berries.
Get your griddle hot and cook on one side till you see tiny bubbles, flip. Cook on that side. Serve it with fresh maple syrup. Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts