Marinated Green Beans

Here's something I threw together for supper. I had plenty of green beans fresh from on Amish Farmers Market. My recipe is has follows: (sorry the photo was taken with phone) Two good size grabs of fresh green beans (washed and tips off) 1 medium onion (halved and cut in thick slices) 1 small yellow squash (cut in small - medium chunks) 1-2 cups of cauliflower (cleaned and broken into small - medium florets) 1-2 grabs of sweet grape tomatoes (whole or sliced in half) Stir together about 1 -1/2 cup each a extra virgin olive oil and a good quality vinegar (Braggs apple cider is good) then add agave nectar to taste (or sweetener of choice). Pour over veges and refrigerate until ready to use. The other thing I did with my green beans - since they were sooo good; I marinated them and canned them. I didn't have enough agave to use and had to sugar. The colors were beautiful in the jars then I added the vinegar / oil mix. I hope the tasted good when they're opened. I added a bit of heat to them to, hot pepper. It was the first time I've done this. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am going to definitely try this! Green beans happen to be my favorite green vegetable. During the summer months, I tend to make three bean salad. This will be a refreshing change. Thank Vic for sharing it!

Popular Posts