Zucchini Scramble ~

Hey summer is here and Farm Markets are open! I hope you are taking advantage of all the local fresh produce available out there. Here is an easy recipe of mine I love to make for anytime.

Zucchini Scramble

1 small - medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 small or 1 med. size zucchini, diced (not small)
4 fresh egg, beaten
1/4 - 1/2 freshly grated dry cheese, such as Parmesan, or a dry mild goat
1/2 tsp Herbs de Providence*, or other herb of choice
extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt- taste

I prepare vegetables, then in a medium omelet or saute pan I drizzle in about a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is heated I put in onion, and get them going, take a couple pinches of salt and sprinkle on onions, stir frequently until almost translucent but not completely cooked. Next get zucchini going, as you'd like to have both cooked equally, stir frequently for even cooking. While that's going get your eggs beaten and cheese grated and put 1/3 into beaten eggs, reserving some for garnish and add herbs. Stir vegetable again then pour in egg mixture. (You can adjust your burning to the temperature that best suits how you make scrambled eggs, I usually adjust to a lower temp once I get eggs started so they are very dry and hard. Stir off and on until eggs are set. Serve with toasted fresh bread and fruit. Serves 2

*I mix my own Herbs de Providence and usually don't have fennel seeds in it. Fennel in this dish may make it to strong.

Comments

Becky said…
Looks and sounds great!!!
Refracted Lite said…
It's outstanding, I was also hungry for it. LOL
Anonymous said…
This looks delicious! It would be great on a night where you wanted a light dinner. Hope your weekend has been a good one! ~Eileen

Popular Posts