Green Chili Stew

We were in a Wholefoods store recently and there to our surprise was our all time favorite Hatch Green Chili and it was fresh and looked wonderful. My son did not want me to roast it all I did have him roast some yesterday to put in my homemade Green Chili Stew, recipe is below. It was hot and delicious I served it up with homemade tortillas.


Green Chili Stew

1-2 lb. Pork Tenderloin, cut into small pieces
4 medium size Yukon gold potatoes, cut into cubes
1 large onion, diced
several fresh roasted green chili's, stemmed with skins and seeds removed chopped (I used 9)*
5 roasted garlic cloves
1 fresh tomato cut up
2 large containers of chicken broth (8 cups or 64oz.)
salt to taste

In a large pot brown pork in a small amount of oil or bacon grease. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil then drop heat and cook slowly until meat is fully cooked and potatoes are done.

*I used 9 fresh roasted chili's because I also had roasted green chili's frozen I need to use up. Prepare them just like above - remove stems, skins and seeds. Totally 2 cups. It all depends on how hot you'd like it. This was plenty hot and will continue to heat up as it sets. I've seen some recipes posting up to 3 cup or more and using less liquid. It's all a matter of taste.

Comments

Popular Posts