Apple Nut Bread / Gluten Free


I did purchase quite a lot of gluten free flours to try new things.  Gluten Free has come along way from the bland baked goodies of the past.  I think its wonderful that those who are allergic have so many wonder choices that they now have.
This recipe is delicious, packed full of flavor in every bite.  The recipe was on the package of Quinoa Flour - Meg's Apple Nut Bread; it's also on the site.  There are other Quinoa brands out there I just happened to get this. 
I did make a couple of changes on the recipe, I didn't have raisins so I used blueberries I this summer and I was out of vanilla - you wouldn't notice if you didn't use it.  Oh I did make my own applesauce the night before I make it a little chunky and plain for recipes.  (I a good way of using up apple that are getting soft or maybe bruised I don't through away something I can use). 

Apple Nut Bread

2 1/2 C quinoa flour
1 1/3 C applesauce
1/2  C butter
1 Cup of Nature Brown sugar (Demerara Cane or I'm sure brown is fine)
1/2 Cup of chopped walnuts
1 baking apple, peeled and grated
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Cup raisions
3 eggs

Pre-heat oven to 350 - oil/grease 1 loaf pan.
Cream together butter and sugar; then beat in eggs one at a time.  Next add in applesauce, apple, raisins, nuts and vanilla.  Stir in all the dry ingredients put into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
It's a moist loaf and can crumble some when cutting.

A note about the picture; the first two pictures I took turned out much better than the one posted.  I was so anxious to try a piece that I forgot to put my memory card in the camera!  LOL

Comments

Popular Posts