My Zucchini Muffins "Revised"

Not that the originals needed to be revised - I love trying different things; also, I like to use up "pantry" supplies I have.  The revised batch turned out more chocolaty similar to a brownie flavor :)  Either recipe I would highly recommend.

My Zucchini Muffins "Revised"

Please read over recipe and ingredients before starting, to make sure you have everything needed.  I also find that for most people and those trying a new recipe for the first time it helps to break it all down and have everything ready to go, and then mix it together as directed.

Mix together:
3 eggs, room temp.
1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin is fine or what you have on hand.
1 cup of Demorara cane sugar (or brown)
1/2 cup of raw honey
2-3 cups of grated zucchini (remove as much moisture as you can)

Then add to wet ingredients:
1 1/2 cup Barley flour
1 1/2 cup wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup flax meal (ground. flax)
3 Tbsp. cocoa (slightly heaping - heaping)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds, shelled
1/2 cup chopped walnut

Place batter in paper lined large muffin pans, I filled 10 large muffins cups, sprinkle on topping and bake in a 325 degree preheated oven for 25 -35 minutes.  Check for doneness with toothpick.

Topping (opt.):
3 Tbsp. rolled oats or spelt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbsp. raw shelled pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp. of raw cane sugar
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts

Check it out wonderful muffing tops!  Yummy~

I think I've mentioned before about grinding your own cinnamon powder to use; it truly makes such a wonderful difference in all your cooking and baking.  So in mentioning that I have to share a funny story with you.
Yesterday I decided I couldn't put off making the zucchini muffins any longer.  I had previously grated the zucchini to insure much of the moisture would be gone.  For that I grated the zucchini and place on a strainer lined with a couple paper towels, place a paper towel on top, then set it in the refrigerator until use, I left it in the refrigerator a couple days maybe longer, (I don't recommend this).  This morning I had to!  So I started to get everything ready and that included freshly ground cinnamon.  I use an old coffee grinder and on this particular grinder the push start button had been broken a few years back so I had placed tape on it to keep in place.  Well, I put my cinnamon sticks in - placed the top on and went to turn it on by pushing the button.  The button was no where to be found.  What to do? I didn't have any ground cinnamon to use.  So I took a pen and pushed into the part that the button pushes into to make the grinder work.  It started to grind! Yippee!  But it kept making a horrible noise breaking up the sticks.  Now it usually starts that way until it breaks down but this time the sound of grinding , cracking, breaking just was lasting to long.  So I took the top off and there it was the rectangular button to make the stupid thing go!!  LOL  It was 6:30 AM thank you~  Anyway, since I found out that the grinder can work fine with the pen; I didn't need to use the button - well it truly was in no working order anymore even with tape.  I had to dump it all out and start over.  Pathetic yes?  I need a knew grinder for spices and why I don't have one or never bought one?  Well that's another story :)
Enjoy the muffins~

Comments

Popular Posts