Poached Cod On The Grill

Fish is easy to prepare and so many times over done.  Here is how I fixed fish the other night :p yum!  I used cod but you can use any other of your choice.

Poached / Steamed Cod On The Grill

Your choice of fish and serving amount;
Fresh cherry tomatoes halved
4 cloves of Elephant Garlic sliced thin
salt for seasoning
fresh dill about 2+Tbsp minced a bit
extra virgin olive oil
foil and grill :)

First I got my foil ready- I didn't have  heavy foil so I placed two sheets for the bottom and another to place on top.
Rise and put dry fish then place on foil side by side with little over lapping.  I then drizzled a little oil, seasoned with the salt, placed the garlic and tomatoes on top.  Sprinkle dill over all then place foil on top and seal all around - but not tight on fish.  leave some space inside to cook.
Next place on heated grill I used med and cooked about 8 - 10 minutes.  Be careful not to over cook.  Below has good tips on cooking fish.
I served it up with fresh zucchini from our garden.

Fish is so good for you and even though the Gulf is in a sad state - please don't let it keep you from eating fish, frankly we don't eat enough.  I included a few links for you to check out that has valuable  information on fish safety, as well as, cooking guides.  However, as with many links I Google for information, I'm not listing myself as an advocate of any particular one, many I don't agree with on most issues.


Cooking Guide For Seafood
Enviromental Defense Fund - Seafood Selector
Monterey Bay Aquarium  - this link has an updated print out "take along"guide for your area.
Mercury Calculator  It can be very discouraging when you hear of all the mercury in fish. You can calculate how much is safe for you to eat by your weight and with the type of fish.

Comments

Popular Posts