GF Oatmeal Cookies "Delish!"

The quality of the photo is poor but not the flavor of this cookie.  I was looking at doing something different and gluten free - with low to no sugars.  Let me restate that "refined."  You can't help getting some sugars though in this recipe I didn't use a sugar as we know sugar but, maple syrup and banana.
I found the recipe here, a wonderful blog with gluten, dairy, sugar, soy free and crafty things she shares.  I not really allergic to anything ( that I'm a where of) but know others who are.  So this is a great find.

Oatmeal Cookie Recipe  from Dandelions on the Wall - is Gluten free, soy free, diary Free and sugar free.  I won't change a thing to this recipe, very easy and the ingredients used go perfect. 

I made up my on gluten free all-purpose flour, for oil I used coconut oil (melted), 1/2 cup dates and 1/2 or so of chopped walnuts.

There's many GF all-purpose flours out there to use or you can mix your own if you have the ingredients.

GF All-Purpose Flour Mix

2 C Sweet Sorghum Flour
2 C Tapioca Flour / Starch
1 C Almond Flour / Meal
2 tsp. Xanthan Gum (a sugar derived from corn - I might have to rethink this but used for now)

A special thank you to my dear friend Joan for sending me deliciousness in a jug "pure Maple Syrup!" 



Comments

Popular Posts