Something else with eggs . . My Savory Herb Scone ~


Taken with my cell phone the quality of the picture is poor - but not the quality of the meal.  :)  I wanted to make a savory scone and not that it would use up a lot of eggs, but I was hungry for something not so sweet.  I used a fresh herbs from my windowsill - lol, didn't fill like trucking to the garden, and Comte cheese I purchased a Trader Joe's.   For for short descriptions on different cheeses you can check here.
The egg scramble is with asparagus and idea I saw from Lydia's Italy (newsletter) - very nice.  I planned on making a quiche - this was quick - hit the spot and served up nicely with a fresh salad with a Briannas' French Vinaigrette, you can purchase at most good grocers -they don't use MSG or soy oil in this vinaigrette.   

My Savory Herb Scone

1/2 C White Whole Wheat flour
1/2 C Brown Rice flour
1 C Wheat Pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 salt
6 tbsp butter
2 fresh eggs
3/4 C whole milk or (part 1% milk with whole cream mix or what you prefer)
1 tbsp minced fresh Chives
1 tsp minced fresh Rosemary
1 tsp minced Thyme
1 C finely grated/shredded Comte Cheese

Mix dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl, cut in butter using a pastry tool or two knives or forks or hands.  :)
Once mixed add herbs and mixing through.  Now make a well and add eggs that has been combined with milk.  Lightly stir together combine all but don't over knead.   Roll out on lightly floured surface -  cutting in 8 triangles - squares or use a biscuit cutter.

Place in a preheated oven and on a preheated baking stone at 400 F for 20 minutes or until a golden brown.


Comments

Popular Posts