Turkey Soup with Sprouted Lentils

I had a 12 lb. turkey in the freezer and decided I should do something with it.  I naturally thawed it out in the frig - then when it was ready to use I separated the breast from the rest of the meat to bake (mistake) it was tough (probably old bird).  I made a delicious soup from the rest.  Of course, I first made a stock with enough to freeze for another day.   For the soup I chopped the turkey that was cooked in the stock into bite size pieces.  I also tried sprouted lentils - very good.  I haven't sprouted my on yet but is on my list of things to do.



Turkey Soup w/ Sprouted Lentils

2 Cups cooked turkey chopped / cut into bite size pieces
1/2 Cup TruRoots sprouted lentil trio
1/4 Cup Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
3 1/2 - 4 Cups of stock
A handful of sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil, if that's what you have squeeze out or rinse, chop.
I also had Swiss chard chips I made my dehydrator, sliced thin - throw in.

The turkey is already cooked - so I added it after, to heat through, the lentils were just about done.  The tomatoes can be thrown in with lentils - chard and nutritional yeast when you put turkey in.  Stir heat through - add more liquid if necessary.  You really don't need anything else the stock should be well flavored and seasoned.  If anything maybe some fresh thyme.  The Bragg nutritional yeast has a wonderful favor.


Comments

Popular Posts