Cajun Jambalaya

On New Year's every makes a special dish or does a special dinner - you know traditions!  My family has always make pork and sauerkraut, my husbands dad and wife made what they called "sloppy sandwiches" made of roast beef and Kimmelweck rolls, a New York favorite.  Though I haven't yet made the sandwiches - I've certainly made many pots of sauerkraut.  This year was the Pièce de résistance ~  Every bite was so yummy - delicious!  Jambalaya was the dish and the recipe was none



other than Emeril Lagasse recipe.  I didn't get any pictures other than while it was cooking.  The recipes going together rather quickly as long as you prep first not while you're trying to cook.  What took me the longest was getting the spices put together for seasoning the chicken and shrimp.  The only meat that is not raw while cooking is the sausage - I used Aidell's Pork Cajun Andouille Sausage.  If you have more than 2-3 people eating or big eaters you'll want to double the dish.  I have to say I've never made this before but have had it before - this is by far the most delish! - for me. 
Thanks Emeril!
An action shot ~

Comments

Popular Posts