Banana Dump Muffins!

So this morning I was wanting to utilize my gluten free flours.   You may be aware,  like with regular wheat flours, if not stored properly or left on the shelf longer than they should be - they can spoil.  I generally keep grains, seed and such in the refrigerator though at taking up space for other goodies. :)


The recipe I put together I'm calling "Banana Dump Muffins."  It consists of what I had on hand that I could use as flour and adding to it - by weighing, measuring and if it didn't seem quite right I'd pretty much dump in some more! LOL  I remembered to write it all down.  They turned out moist and the was flavor - just right ~ :D


Banana Dump Muffins

4 Cups flour, I used:

1 Cup Millet seed (hulled and ground)
1 Cup (150g) Sweet Sorghum Flour
1 Cup (125g) Oat Four plus 1/2 cup (not weighted)
1/2 Cup (50g) Coconut Flour

Add to flour, blending well, then set aside:

2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Xanthan*
1 tsp. cinnamon

Into your mixing bowl, and mixing together:

3/4 - 1 cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar
1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar (opt)
1/2 Cup plus 1 heaping Tbsp, coconut oil
3/4 Cup plain yogurt (whole)
4 eggs
2 bananas

Add:

1 apple, seeded, pealed (opt) and finely chopped
1/2 Cup raisins
3/4 Cup chopped walnuts

Now add flour mixture - a little at a time until all blended well.  Place evenly into muffin pans.  Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.  Or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.  I really watched the time on this.

They are very moist and flavorful.

*Xanthan - there's pros and cons on using this.  Some people don't like it, I don't particularly care for it myself.  When I "think of it" I'd like to try using flaxseed instead in gluten free baking.  Xanthan is used in replacing the gluten in baking.


Comments

Popular Posts