Raw Grape Chia Seed Jam

I first saw this I did posted on Facebook from GNOWFGLINS' a great site I follow.  Their site posted Strawberry Chia Seed Jam (Honey sweetened).  I naturally thought why not use the grapes I picked.  I did dehydrate some and had many left.


I used organic White Chia Seeds with maple syrup to sweetened.  You can use a food processor or blender to mash up.  :)  If you do try the recipe, and I hope you do, if using grapes keep in mind that grapes give off much more liquid than some other fruits so you'll need a little more chia seeds.  Chia seeds also go a long way - they plump as they soak up liquid.


2 cup grapes (ours were small)
2-3 Tbsp of maple syrup
4 Tbsp chia seeds

Blend the fruit to break it up - add sweetener and blend.  Add by stirring in chia seeds.  Put in jar with some room to expend a bit.  Set in refrigerator for 4 hours or longer.



I tried it with light rye crackers with a spread of goat cheese.  I loved it!  Of course the brighter prettier color of fruit you have the prettier it will look.  It still tastes good to me!

Here are a couple cool blogs that made fruit Chia jam also.
Strawberry Fig Chia Jam
Raw Fruit and Chia Jam

Chia seed info:
10 reasons to add Chia seeds to your diet
White or Black Chia Seed Benefits

Comments

Anonymous said…
I tried this grape recipe tonight. Other then I did cook the grapes and put the chia seeds through the food grinder. I didn't want the seeds showing in the jam. Not sure grinding was such a good idea as I think it might change the flavor to much. I will let you know.

Popular Posts