Kale Smoothie ~

How about a jump start for your morning that can help you throughout your day!  Delicious!  I found this recipe here I've been following 101 Cookbooks for several years now and visit often.  In fact I mentioned to my son that it was there I first saw a recipe using mesquite flour.  I love her site it looks fresh and clean - recipes are awesome.


Awesome ingredients;

2 cups fresh kale in pieces - no stems
1 cup fresh pineapple in chunks
1 banana (skin removed)
1/2 fresh raw goat milk (org. uses almond)
1 heaping tbsp almond butter (can be raw)*


Place all in your blender and "blend" together.


Until its all incorporated.


Serve it up in a pretty glass.


Definitely awesome deliciousness to the last drop!

.  .  .  .  .

Kale is an excellent source of vitamin K A and C you can check some of the benefits below.

Worlds Healthiest Foods

Medical News Today  (has a few concerns for Beta Blocker users)

Authority Nutrition (10 proven benefits)

Healthy Kale Recipes 

* Note on Almond Butter - you want the best some have additives that aren't needed.  You can also make your own nut butters.  On the Almond Milk I would say the same, however, with Almond as with low fat diary products I have found very undesirable additives like Carrageenan here are a couple of VERY interesting articles and reasons to say away from this.  Natural News  and Cornucopia  shares a full list of organic foods that carry this chemical.

I'm always tried to make meals and do what I believe to be the healthiest for me.  I'm thankful aways for Gods help and I consider myself healthy, not that I can't always improve.  Mostly I think on what is as close to God's good in shopping.  I do the best I can and always to my best to avoid man added whatever(s)!
Christians often talk about their bodies being the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19)- but never take note of what they are putting in.  And yes, there's is more to that scripture but He's also has given us a brain to use we should conceder what we do to our bodies.  Done :)

So hope you try the smoothie!
Oh, and Jane, sorry it's taken so long to post!

Comments

Popular Posts