Aztec Avocado Dip



Being that I'm on a roll here, I'm working my (almost) hardest to get recipes posted that I've had for a long time and made recently.  Dad's birthday was in August and I made this to snack on being family time; I wished everyone could have been here, but isn't that the way?

I didn't bother looking for the link being that I printed it out July/2001 from meals.com.  Apparently it serves 36 people, though there wasn't that many here and we did do it some damage.  lol

3 avocados, pitted and peeled
2 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 - 8oz packaged cream cheese, softened
1 - 16oz container of sour cream (I used greek yogurt
1 package taco seasoning mix*
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups chopped tomatoes
5 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sliced black olives (I used seeded kalamata olives)

Mash avocados and blend in lemon juice and salt, mixing well.  Spread evenly in a bole or on a serving plate to the edges.

Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.  Stir in sour cream and taco seasoning mix, blending well.  Spread over the avocado layer.  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions and black olives.  Keep refrigerated until serving time.  Serve with tortilla chips.

*Taco Seasoning

1 TB Chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper (opt)

Mix together till well blended.

Mix I use is found on Food Renegade 

Comments

Popular Posts