Three Bean Salad - with a kick!

This recipe is from Whole Foods Market recipe page that I printed out.*   This salad is very good and without the usual amounts of sugar that you have in other 3 bean salads ~  I will make this again.



Three Bean Salad

1 1/2 cups cooked organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups cooked organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups fresh green beans (organic if possible), steamed to tender and chopped into 2" pieces
1/3 cup organic green onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped organic Italian parsley
1/4 cup fresh minced mint leaves

Dressing

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 TB white wine or raw apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp natural organic cane sugar
sea salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (opt)

Mix all salad ingredients together.  In a separate bow, whisk together all dressing ingredients (I mixed this together while I was steaming the green beans and let it set for a bit before adding to the beans).  Toss over the salad beans.  Adjust seasonings to taste.  Let this marinate for at least 3 hours before serving.  The mint in this salad isn't over powering and adds a fresh flavor.

*Funny -  When I went to include the link for this page it's no where.  I thought I actually, just recently  found this.  Not!  I looked again at the printed page and the date of which I printed it; 7/10/2007!  I guess it was tucked away with all the other recipes to try 'papers".  I'm happy I finally tried this and now will write "keeper" on it as to not toss. though my have to look for at a later date.  I realize you maybe thinking "she does have it posted."  True though I like just grabbing my paper to work from.  blah blah - I'm way to preoccupied!  Enjoy ~

Comments

Popular Posts