Black Bottom Banana Bread ~ GF

A big YUM!  Goes out to this recipe.  It is gluten and grain free for those that can't tolerate.  I like it for the healthier choice, simple (fewer) ingredients, and the dark rich flavors of chocolate.  Oh how I wish I had almond trees!  The meal (flour) made from almonds make a rich moist product.  One of many recipes I've tried that I wish I could take credit for - but that goes to Living Healthy with Chocolate, founder Adriana Harlan.  Please check her site (Paleo and gluten free) deliciousness!

I've dabbled with recipes before that require grain free almond and or coconut flours; though not as much as I would like and I do make more than I post.  It isn't difficult baking and much better than consuming to many grains which people seem to do.  Hope you try this one out I believe if you have a love for chocolate you'll be making it again!  So so moist and delicious!



Black Bottom Banana Bread 

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 1/2 cups ripe bananas*
4 TB coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temp.
1 TB raw honey
1/4 cup chocolate chips*

In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add the bananas, melted coconut oil, vanilla, egg and honey to a food processor and pulse to combine ingredients.  (much to my chagrin I don't have one, so I pulse away with my on strengthen and a wooden spoon, lol).  Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix to form a batter.  Be careful not to over mix or the batter will become oily and dense.  Divide batter in half, adding cacao and chips to half and leaving the rest as is.  Pour chocolate batter into the bottom of a greased or lined with parchment 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" medium loaf.  Spoon the remaining batter on top and bake at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Approximately 50 min.   My loaf pan was slightly larger and baking time was shorten a bit.

*Original recipe Apple Bananas are used I just used regular and to to measure she cut into smaller pieces placing in a measuring cup.  Chocolate chips I used 60% bittersweet cacao chips, I'm sure semisweet would be fine.

Comments

Popular Posts