Muesli Scone


I love Muesli cereal with ice cold milk!  Check out this recipe from Elanas's Pantry -  that's easy, delicious and travels well. Oh, and grain free! For those doing so or not ~ Yum!

You will need:

2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds*
1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped*
1 large egg
2 TB honey


In a large bowl, combine almond, flour, salt and soda.


Stir in dried fruits, seeds and nuts that you're using.


Combine egg and honey.


Stir until combined.


Stir egg mix into dry ingredients.  I used a small rice paddle to start then used my hands to form dough.


Shape dough into a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch square.


Then cut 16 squares.


Place on parchment - they move easily so you could simply replace on parchment you shaped dough on.  Bake at 350F oven on lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.  I put mine on my baking stone that wasn't totally heated - for this use a baking sheet.  They were slightly browner on bottom and edges, still not dried out and still delicious!


Yummm ~


*You can mix up the dried fruit and nuts as you like.  I love pistachios but it have them so I use pecans I shelled.  Sesame seeds I had but chose hemp.   Elana's Pantry   is a awesome site that you will find healthy help information, grain free and Paleo recipes.  Elana Amsterdam is a New York Times best selling author and has "real" recipe books you can purchase in book form or PDF.

I plan on the book form.  As much as I enjoy using technology - I prefer a book.  Please check out her site awesome information and blog.

Comments

Popular Posts