Honey Cardamom Zucchini Bread

Updated [6/15/21] with a sorry ~

It was one of those a funny thing happened on the way to wherever!  I'm making this bread today and didn't everything the same except I could not locate the amount of flour to use, I won't mention the before that business.  .  .  I also was doubling the recipe, but be that as it may I could not locate it nor did I have it written longhand somewhere with all other pieces of part written recipes. So I went by memory and the love of this recipe and hopes it turns out delicious! The link is updated also and I don't know why the recipe seemed to be scrapped, it will take you to Edible Baja it's great to check out areas around Arizona's edible communities'.  Hope you give it a try and someone could have let me know the flour was missing. :)  That takes me to another thought.  . but I won't go there .  Argh ~

Some changes I made, since doubling I added 1/2 more butter to the oil, the honey slightly under a cup, - the paper loaf pans I purchases for small loafs, no oiling or dusting need. You would use two for one regular loaf. The bake time changed to just 30 minutes - give or take 1-2 extra. 

What to do with all the zucchini?  For all the most resent posts with zucchini a big shout out thank you to friend and neighbor for all the zucs . . .This recipe WAS out of Edible Baja Arizona Magazine; new recipe for me.  I really love this magazine with all things local to your area, I also think done beautifully capturing the beauty of the SW. 

Honey Cardamom Zucchini Bread
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES                            COOK TIME 35 

The honey and cardamom gives this a nice flavor that isn't overly sweet.  


INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup  olive oil
1/2 cup honey (I used our local mesquite honey)
2 eggs at room temperature
1-1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cardamom, I had to grind mine argh!
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
2 cups grated zucchini, pressed between towels to remove moisture

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease an 8x5" loaf pan with olive oil.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil and honey (electric beaters I grabbed after about 5 minutes and seeing where this was going, I don't have it in me anymore) :)  Until they are evenly combined.  Whisk in eggs and set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.

Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula just until everything is evenly combined.  Add the zucchini to the batter and fold it in carefully.

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and using a spatula  to evenly distribute the batter within the pan.

Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes, I had to go some longer, or until a cake tester (toothpick) inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.

Allow the bread to cool before serving.

On Baja's page it had 4 servings in the box, I did eat about a 1/4 of the loaf but not all at one time, delicious.  Enjoy


Zucchini Goodness      Dr. Axe

                                        Organic Facts 
                   
                                        Honey  - 2012 Weapon on cancer.

                                        Cardamom Benefits  It's a wonderful flavor in this bread.

The links shared are FYI those I thought were informative.  There's so many on the internet to read. Though I find some informative I not necessarily a subscriber.  





Comments

Popular Posts