Corona Virus ~


Corona Virus is something I normally wouldn't chose to talk about on my food blog.  But nutrition and keeping as healthy as possible is and though I do post recipes that would not be regarded as "healthy," they do not make up a large part of my diet. actually minuscule in comparison.  I would also like to say that I am in no way stating that this virus isn't of concern or not deadly for those who have compromised immune systems, the elderly or possibly the very young.  Also, I'm not a qualified person that knows all about this virus.  I would just like to share some simple things I've learned over the years and FYI links that might be helpful to anyone interested and for you who follows my blog.

I have always tried to make things as wholesome as possible for my family over the years.  I think my Gram was the best influence on my growing up.  Actually, there wasn't many in my over-all family that wasn't homespun.  My Gram always seemed to make balanced meals and to be frank I don't remember "snacking" in the house -- not as today.  I guess you could say it was a different time and way of life.

When our boys were growing up I practiced the same and we only seldom in comparison to todays kids hit fast foods, funny when I talk with others that grew up similar fast food was more like a treat out.  When the boys got into high school I actually got more into healthier since they seemed to be involved more in sports and nutrition.  My also husband had health issues and I recognized that there were some possibilities the boys could be facing some later on.   A cute story of our youngest, one day he ran back into the house while his brothers were heading to the bus. I didn't realize why he was in the frig and shoving something in his mouth. I asked him what are you doing? He walked over to me and motioned me to get closer to breathe in my direction.  Garlic - he then said I can sit anywhere where I want now on the bus. I had to laugh but he always ate garlic and onions there was something to this more than sitting where ever you want.

Since I now have grandchildren I try to instill in them the importance of good food and snack choices, I have been over the past year, they have been doing well and in fact they use of over the counted cold stuff has become rare. Mostly it has been cutting back on sugars and eating more foods with nutritional value.  All of us would do well to do this.  Yesterday I was sharing with my grandson on what was going on or what he could be hearing at school in regards to Coronavirus.  We have already been going over germs and proper watching as well as, germs that are spread on a regular basis at school.  So he told me some kids were talking about dying.  I made this story up to help.  Your body has an immune system and did you that your immune system is a super hero? He was listening intently and said no.  Well I continued with your immune system works really hard to battle nasty germ that can make you sick.  He gets his food or fuel to battle from eating well, things that are really good for you and not eating lots of sweets - sugar.  I'm so proud of him because it has been paying off and he has been making really good choices on his own.  I also told him that sometimes grown-ups need reminding.  As well as, little sister copies all the time.  :) I've also been giving the kids a good vitamin and children D-3 supplements

Typically for myself I try to stick with extra immune support when things are seasonal.  However, I do well over all by just sticking to healthier choices.  I use D-3, C, and a good over all vitamin with minerals etc.  I juice leafy greens with carrots apples and the like.  There are plenty of great recipes on line and here's one for a Kale Smoothie .  If you are interested in a recipe I've posted in the past and can't located let me know so I can help, I've lost recipes an have been trying to get everything back in order.  If you're young you might be saying I'm healthy and never ill.  I'm happy if that is the case but taking care of your self while young helps benefit you when you are older.  I say also get to know your body.  As an example I know my self well enough that when I have to say 3 even homemade chocolate chip cookies (made in regular fashion) I end up with a stuffy head.  If I continue I end up with sinus problems and in some cases a sinus infection.  When I use a different natural sweetener I don't however, I don't over do it since to much of it still isn't necessarily healthy.  Most people when given the choice between an apple or a slice of apple pie they will go for the pie.  You have to retrain yourself to go for the apple.  :)

I also have to say for me I've made a point over the years since my husbands immune was very compromised and I worked hard doing what I know to do to boast it as much as possible. We on a regular basis spent "to much" time in hospitals and clinics over the past 12-15 years.  So much so I wrote a blog past that a top 12 list of you know when you at the VA to much! Not to leave out exposure to other that are ill, so staying was extremely important.  Most people today take it for granite or have an excuse to where it is money, I don't know help to laziness.

Mental outlook is extremely important as well with anxiety contributing to a compromised immune system.  When we stress or panic it also lowers our immune system. Eating healthier and having a good outlook on life only benefits.  Everything I'm saying can be hard to do but its worth doing.  I know also good and well not everyone is on board at the moment and haven't practiced what I'm sharing it's never to late.  But for now links below are helpful to everyone to do what necessary to keep as well as possible. I'm posting as to help in the fear factor not to panic and we all need to use commonsense.  This is not an illness in which we should be divided in a tit for tat politically.  It isn't racial or anything else should use with one sided options we are all in this together and we need to come together - metaphorically :) - and start considering others and the wellness of us all.

Below are links that might be helpful to you and I will update them as I see them on this post. I'm praying for God blessing and wisdom on us all.

National Institute of Health

Center For Decease Control and Prevention  updates daily.

Telemedicine Option   Medicare with Telemedicine options, In the article it say 88% of companies offered telemedicine as part of their benefits last years but only 9% of eligible employees used it.

What Medicare Covers

Coronavirus Decease 2019 (TRICARE) Military and those with Tricare what to do.

Covered by Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Insurance Companies Coronavirus tests covered

Most recent interview with Dr. Anthony Fauci- American Immunologist, on Fox and Friends - good information to heed.

Do not be anxious about anything but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. Philippians 4:6 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts