Best Cookie Ever!




Who doesn't love a good cookie? And, with chocolate?  While on my quest to find a recipe that didn't have "refined" sugar or flour this is what my searching found.  When I opened this link my search ended!  I thought why not I like the ingredients and I had everything required for the recipe.  I personally can't do a lot of sugar, it creates sinus problems for me and especially when I eat a chocolate chip cookie; no matter what kind or where it comes from.  I do crave them from time to time ~  It wasn't the case with this cookie and it had all the flavor of a great chocolate chip cookie I was looking for.  :)  This cookie is sugar, gluten and egg free.  It can also be adapted for vegans.*



Gluten Free "Best Ever" Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • ¾ cup almond flour or almond meal, very firmly packed (about 3 ounces or 100 grams)
  • ¼ cup coconut flour, very firmly packed (about 1½ ounces or 43 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
  • dash cinnamon, optional (I didn't)
  • ½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted (I used butter)
  • ½ cup real maple syrup (preferably grade B) or honey (I used maple)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% baking chips)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon if using. Pour in the melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract mixing thoroughly, then stir in the chocolate.
  3. Don't freak – dough will be runny! If you haven't used coconut flour before a little goes a long way it soaks up moisture. So let the dough rest for 5 minutes or more in the refrigerator to absorb some of the excess moisture. When ready I used a heaping teaspoon and lightly rolled them in my hand and placed on prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake for about 11 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. The cookies will be fragile when they are warm but will firm up as they cool. I used a couple sheets since I wasn't sure how they would spread out.
    Delicious!! The recipe link I was here at Cookie & Kate ~
*On the subject of eggs in regards to vegans - what do you do with the eggs produced from chickens?
They surely could feed many a hungry people. VB

Comments

Popular Posts