Best Cookie Ever!
Who doesn't love a good cookie? And, with chocolate? While on my quest to find a recipe that didn't have "refined" sugar or flour this is what my searching found. When I opened this link my search ended! I thought why not I like the ingredients and I had everything required for the recipe. I personally can't do a lot of sugar, it creates sinus problems for me and especially when I eat a chocolate chip cookie; no matter what kind or where it comes from. I do crave them from time to time ~ It wasn't the case with this cookie and it had all the flavor of a great chocolate chip cookie I was looking for. :) This cookie is sugar, gluten and egg free. It can also be adapted for vegans.*
Gluten Free "Best Ever" Chocolate Chip Cookie
- ¾ cup almond flour or almond meal, very firmly packed (about
3 ounces or 100 grams)
- ¼ cup coconut flour, very firmly packed (about 1½ ounces or
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- dash cinnamon, optional (I didn't)
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted (I used butter)
- ½ cup real maple syrup (preferably grade B) or honey (I used
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips (I
used Ghirardelli 60% baking chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda,
salt and cinnamon if using. Pour in the melted butter, maple syrup
and vanilla extract mixing thoroughly, then stir in the chocolate.
- Don't freak – dough will be runny! If you haven't used
coconut flour before a little goes a long way it soaks up moisture.
So let the dough rest for 5 minutes or more in the refrigerator to
absorb some of the excess moisture. When ready I used a heaping
teaspoon and lightly rolled them in my hand and placed on prepared
- Bake for about 11 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool
on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then slide the parchment
paper onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. The cookies will be
fragile when they are warm but will firm up as they cool. I used a
couple sheets since I wasn't sure how they would spread out.
Delicious!! The recipe link I was here at Cookie & Kate ~
They surely could feed many a hungry people. VB