Baked Salmon w/ Parmesan Herb Crust ~

I was on Facebook the other day and a friend had shared this recipe for salmon.  I just happened to have taken a Coho out and made it.  Delicious!  I shared a picture with a friend who said the dinner looked scrumptious!  A good word too and it was scrumptious also a nice change from the norm.


You'll need -

Pictured 1 salmon filet (I used Coho) about 2lbs.

For the Parmesan Herb Crust

3 cloves finely minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped Parmesan cheese (I used finely grated)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil.  Place salmon that's been rinsed off and excess water patted off onto lined baking sheet.  Flesh up as pictured and place on top a sheet of parchment and bake 10 min, I baked for 9.  Then remove parchment on top and top with herb mixture.  Return to the oven and bake another 8-9 minutes.  I just know when its done by sliding a knife slanted into the thickest part of the fish and comes out med hot.  Orig. recipe said allow to bake until it registers 135 degrees.  Sometimes fish can easily be over cooked and it continues once removed.
When done to your likeness take out and let stand for 5 minutes.


Simple, simple recipe and enjoyed by all.  I can take very good pictures and the pictures here don't do it justice.



Served along with roasted zucchini (easy to do, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, seasoned with salt and herb of choice in a hot oven 425 degrees) and Caesar Salad.  Maybe not quite the combo someone might choice I was hungry for the Caesar!  :)

Again the original recipe found here and please check out the site - lots of wonderful looking recipes at "add a pinch."  And thank you Wendy H for sharing!


Comments

Popular Posts