Pasta Primavera ~

It seems like ever since I've been "out" in the southwest after moving here from "back" east - I'm constantly looking and searching!  In things and through things .  .  .  .  it has certainly lost any and all appeal doing so.  Last Friday was no different.  Who in their right mind ever likes hunting for things anyway? (As mentioned in the past I'm not as fast with the posts) :/


In the process of hunting for my zucchini relish recipe I came across two favorite stops Jim and I had in Ohio.  Actually, Bon Appetito's was our favorite but sadly it, as well as Vito's, is no longer in business.   But wahoo!! Mangia Mangia's is still going--Yay!!  Of course I'm not there.  :(


Awesome memories ~


After all the searching did seeing the menu's made me hungry for Italian.  I decided Pasta Primavera! Naturally this was a no brainer since I had a case of zucchini's to work with and loads of peppers and carrots.  While working on this post I kept thinking I'd seen this Pasta Primavera recipe way before.  


Now for the funny part or in reference to the "no brainer."

Think about that for a moment.  "No brainer," what is that?  Okay, Something that doesn't take much thought or you don't have to think hard about it?  In my case NO brain waves working today would be more appropriate!

BTW doesn't those veggies look good?


So I used a recipe I found on line from Glada De Laurentiismy brother loves her.  As for me I like some of her recipes but  have other favorites for Italian dishes.  This is easy and good the next day - have it warmed up or cold.  Great for picnics and get togethers - it makes tons!


Getting to the "no brainer?"   I need to mention though the freshly grated parmesan blends and melts beautifully giving a wonderful flavor throughout this dish.  :)


Last, Friday was March 30th, as you can see time just slipped by on posting - I do have many drafts I try to get to,  but it seems to take me longer to post as tell stories lol.  Since recently changing the look of my blog and working on this post I started playing around checking it out.  While doing so I came across a post written July 24, 2010, DUH!  Pasta Primavera and Glada's no less!  I knew I'd made it before but I didn't remember posting it.  Are you kidding me?!  Anyway, I thought I would keep it and share the new pics - Argh! from my phone and a link to the recipe.


It's in good fitting with the "no brainer" - chuckle chuckle - I'm happy I decided to keep this to share. Of course starting this before seeing my previous post is a good reminder to yourself  it's good to laugh -  even at yourself.  Laughter is something that we all can misplace going through life's journey.
Before my husband pasted away and being so ill I often would say I have lost my laugh and he missed it, me too!  Some where it was buried and would surface once in awhile.  Jim would tell I needed to smile more, he loved my smile.  So I hope that in keeping this post you have maybe laughed a little or at least been given something to think about.  Oh and don't forget the recipe.

Below's sauce was made with tomatoes of all kinds including several grape tomatoes from the case my friend brought me, thank you Robert!




We can all stay busy and sometimes to busy, make time for yourself too.  Whether it's getting off in a quiet place or have a bit of fun.  Even if you write a post that you only get and laugh!  Shalom

A merry heart improves the body and a depressed spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22 AB

Comments

Popular Posts