Tomato Jam ~

I had that abundance of tomatoes I posted about earlier that my friend and neighbor brought me. What a blessing!  I used the tomatoes in a number of things and this is a new recipe I two small batches; I love it!  Below is with Water Biscuits.  Who would have thought Tomato Jam - I guess I didn't - well it is a fruit and I so happy I found the recipe here.  What I liked about this jam it, to me, has an Indian flavor to it.  Yum


Tomato Jam
 Super Easy

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb Ripe Tomatoes
1 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lime Juice
1 tsp grated fresh Ginger - I added a little extra
1 tsp ground Cumin
1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Cloves
1 tsp Salt
1 fresh Jalapeno Pepper make sure it is medium - hot, diced fine

1.  Prepare all ingredients and combine in a heavy sauce pan.  Bring up to a simmer and simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until it cooks down and thickens.

2.  Spoon the thickened jam into canning jars and either store in the refrigerator or follow safe canning procedures to process.

I didn't can and just let it cool and placed in clean sterile jars.

The jam goes great with the Gluten Free Saltines I made too!


Make sure you go to Our Local Foods link and check out the original recipe by Maria Baldwin.  Also please stroll towards the bottom of her page and check out the most delicious looking pizza with the Tomato Jam!  Enjoy ~

Comments

Popular Posts